There are lots of ways to improve the livability and esthetics of your home without going broke in the process. Try one of these quick fixes if you just can stand your house anymore. These are also great wen you have just purchased a new home that has a few problems. Here are a few suggestions…
- Give your interior or exterior walls a new coat of paint. This is especially effective if the old paint job is marked up, dirty or just a horrible color.
- Reface or repaint your kitchen or bath cabinets. If your cabinet shells are solid but the drawer and cabinet fronts are worn or chipped, consider refacing them. Replacing the cabinet fronts can give you a whole new updated look without the expense of replacing the whole cabinet. Repainting can also bring new life too old, worn looking cabinets.
- Install new carpeting or vinyl flooring. Old, worn, and stained carpeting is a real downer. It’s relatively fast, easy and cost effective to replace.
- Replacing dated and worn light fixtures is another quick and painless fix.
- Adding interesting architectural details like moldings, railings, and built-in bookcases can dramatically change the look and feel of a room.
If you’re not quite ready for a major renovation, think about having one of these alternatives done instead. They will increase your enjoyment of your home while saving your money.